Well ladies, I don't know what to say about that but hopefully they will be appreciative of anything they get. Lets not forget one of the greatest gifts they do have...children. Without them, Father's Day would mean almost nothing to them and just another holiday that comes and goes.
* Shirts and ties. You can't go wrong with buying a man a good quality collar shirt, T-Shirt, and ties. If you believe there are other colors and textures that he is willing to try, get it. The worse thing they could do is return it.
* Cologne and lotion gift bags. Those are the traditional gifts that almost any guy will accept. Pick out a cologne that he hasn't used before and take your time choosing the right one. One of the most attractive things about a man is to know that he smells good. Some of my favorite colognes are Gucci, Issey Miyake, Givenchy and Jean Paul Gaultier.
* Hand and foot creams. This idea might raise some eyebrows and a man that has rough hands indicates that he is a hard-working man and hard-working men don't have soft hands. If his profession requires him to use his hands and be on his feet a lot, buy some hand and foot creams. Keep in mind that there are certain scents that men like the most, like lavender and pumpkin, but if you aren't sure, just find a great cream that has a mild scent. If you're feeling creative, show him how creative you are buy giving him something homemade.
* Hats and sunglasses. If he's spending a lot of time outside, get him a great hat with a pair of sunglasses to match.
* Gift cards. This is probably one of the cheapest gifts anyone can get, but also one of the best. When dad needs some alone time, treat him with a gift card to his favorite place to a restaurant, movies, golfing, shopping, etc. I don't know anybody that would turn this down.
* Jewelry. Jewelry is not just a woman thing and there is plenty of jewelry out there made for any man. I would suggest titanium because it lasts longer and has a masculine look and feel to it.
I hope you all find these gift ideas useful. If you're shopping on a budget, check for the sales first. If you plan to make it a gift basket, add one or two items that he needs and the others that he wants.
Mix and match the items that I listed to complete the best gifts he could ever receive.